Cleaning AirPods in 3 steps
How often do you use your AirPods? Probably quite often. Then it is best to clean your AirPods every so often. Not only is this hygienic, but it may also improve sound quality. You will need: a clean microfibre cloth, cotton swab, dry brush and optional toothpick.
How to clean AirPods (Pro)
- Remove the AirPods from the charging case and wipe them with a clean microfiber cloth. You can dampen the cloth with water or use an alcohol solution (70 percent), but be careful. You can also use eyeglass wipes;
- For the rubber ends of the AirPods Pro, it is best to remove the rubbers and hold them under the tap. Rub it with your fingers to clean it well. It is better not to use soap or any other cleaning agent. Dry them well with a clean cloth. Only click the rubber ends back after you have cleaned the gauze;
- Is the screen of the AirPods dirty? Then first use a dry cotton swab to remove most of the dirt. To remove small dirt, use a soft, dry brush. An adhesive tape or poster buddy also helps. You can also use a toothpick, but be careful not to damage anything.
The main thing is not to use rough, abrasive materials. AirPods are made of sensitive material. You should also be careful with water as it may get into the charging ports and the earbuds are water resistant, but not waterproof.
Cleaning AirPods box
If you’re already at it, it’s better to clean your AirPods case right away. It has probably already become dirty on the outside after a while, but a lot of dirt can also accumulate inside. You use the same supplies for this as when cleaning the AirPods themselves.
How to Clean AirPods Case
- Clean the AirPods case with a clean soft cloth by simply wiping away the dirt. If there is still dirt left, dampen the cloth slightly to remove the more stubborn dirt. However, do not use too much water, because the box cannot handle it;
- To clean the inside, take another cotton swab. Use this to wipe all the dirt from the AirPods box. Again, you can choose to apply a little bit of moisture, although it is best to avoid this;
- To remove leftover dirt in the edges of the case, it is best to use a toothpick. Move the toothpick against the edges to scrape away the dirt.
About the AirPods Pro
The AirPods Pro are a high-end version of the AirPods 2. The main difference is the active noise cancellation, which is only available on the Pro variant. The battery life of the Pros is also slightly better and there is a new audio technique that adjusts the pitch to your ear. Transparency mode also allows you to hear your surroundings without removing the earbuds from your ear.